I am REALLY excited to announce this brunch. First and foremost, because this will be the Boston Brunchers’ first foray outside of Boston Proper. Secondly, I have heard seriously wonderful things about the food here. And lastly, because with the help of my friend Christine, we have devised a contest I am SUPER excited about, giving food bloggers old and new a chance to join in the fun!
Let’s get the most important thing out of the way first! This April’s brunch will take place at…..
The Biltmore Bar & Grill on April 3rd, 2011 at 11am. Opened in 1921 at the start of Prohibition, it’s rumored the Biltmore started out as a speakeasy. This old-school classic has been a neighborhood institution in the heart of Newton’s historic Upper Falls ever since. Classic pressed tin ceilings, polished mahogany paneling and cozy banquettes, offer a comfortable setting to relax with friends or family over cocktails and a meal. Inventive menu selections feature a unique mix of traditional pub cuisine with surprising hints of Southern comfort that highlight fresh and local ingredients. Who would say that doesn’t sound fabulous!!
Now, if your thinking, I live in Boston, how the heck am I going to get to Newton Falls? Well stop thinking (well, don’t stop thinking…you know what I mean!) Do not let transportation get in your way. I will take care of making sure that everyone who wins is able to get there. So don’t let that bug ya!
Now you are thinking (remember I told you to stop that!) Well, what kindof brunch is this? I am happy to say that I have worked with the restaurant to invite 12 Bloggers to experience a 5-course Chef’s Choice Tasting Brunch! How awesome is that! Here is what the attendees will enjoy:
- Chive Biscuit and Poached Egg with a jalapeno and cheddar cheese sauce
- Lobster frittatas topped with pea tendrils
- Granola and berry parfait
- Chicken & waffles served with a warm belgian waffle, hot sauce and apple butter syrup
- Pigs in a blanket: A soulfood classic from the American south, local maple sausage links wrapped in homemade buttermilk pancakes & Vermont maple syrup
Sounds pretty amazing, no? Well here is the skinny on how you can join us:
- Boston Brunchers will be awarding 5 Food Bloggers seats at the tasting brunch…this is where it gets good…
- Each winner will then be able to select another Food Blogger to be their guest…BUT THERE IS A CATCH….
- The Food Blogger the winners select must be BRAND NEW to the Boston Brunchers! That’s right, they must never have attended a Boston Brunchers event.
- How do you find these foodies? Well, if you win, you may do whatever you like to find your guest. Give away the spot as a contest on your blog (must link to this post: http://wp.me/p19ZsJ-6n), on Twitter (must mention @bostonbrunchers and @biltmorebargril), or on Facebook (must tag Boston Brunchers & Biltmore). Or, if you know a new food blogger and are feeling generous, you may just invite them as your guest!
- You must email me your guest no later than Friday, March 25th.
- DO NOT TRY AND GIVE AWAY A BRUNCH UNTIL YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR BRUNCH!!! The winners of the 5 Boston Brunchers seats will be announced on Monday, March 14, 2011. If you won a seat, you may begin your giveaway after that announcement.
How do I win my spot at brunch?
- Comment on this post on why you think it is important to introduce new bloggers to foodie events.
- You must enter by Midnight on Sunday, March 13th.
- Entries will be judged blindly by an outside party. Winners will be selected based on originality of their answer.
- Winners of the 5 Boston Bruncher seats will be announced on Monday, March 14th.
- Winners must get in touch with Boston Brunchers within 48 hours of the winning announcement or their spot will be given away.